Mounting TV’s vs. TV Stands – Which is Better?
Is it better to mount your television to the wall or use a TV stand? This is a question that is asked frequently. There are several things you need to consider when deciding which option is best for you.
Things to Consider
There are Pros and Cons to each option. First of all, you need to look at your viewing needs for the room in question. Consider the size of the television, the size of the seating area, the layout of the seating area, if the television would need to ever be shifted for viewing purposes, and if there is a chance you would ever change your furniture layout in the room. All of these factors would factor into mounting your television verses having it placed on a TV stand.
Pros and Cons of Mounting Your Televison
* Wall mounting TV’s becomes a space saver.
* Wall mounting allows you the ability to use a variety of wall mounts (Flat, Tilt and Swivel).
* Wall mounted TV’s are less likely to get scratched or damaged by children or pets since they are out of reach.
* Flat panel televisions can be heavy, so make sure the wall mounts are installed properly and in a location suitable for bearing loads of 75 lbs. or more.
* Since mounting requires the use of hardware, it can cause some superficial damage to the wall and finished surfaces, which may not be suitable for apartment owners, or homeowners who move frequently.
* Wall mounting provides more of a focal point to your television, like a piece of art on your wall. This is an optimal, cleaner look and it makes the screen the main focal point as all wires are hidden.
Pros and Cons of TV Stands
* TV stands are easy to move for when you sell your home or simply rearrange the furniture layout of your room.
* Having a TV stand makes it easier to connect additional components since you simply have to plug the exposed equipment into the TV.
* Stands take up more room since they have to occupy the top of a piece of furniture which can limit your seating area.
* Televisions that are placed on stands, as opposed to wall mounted TV’s, can be easily reached by children and pets, which increases the chance of damage or injury.
Have more questions regarding the best mounting solution for your television? Let our experts help make the right recommendation for you!